Tuesday, November 22, 2022

 Bhakti Theology Song 1378


1378 I won’t listen anymore

 

You will try to escape

By giving some excuses

You will never accept

My situation

 

Well, what else is there

For me to do anymore

It is wrong on my part

Coming unto you seeking you

 

There are so many people

To love you

They will remain

Always around you

 

But you realize that

Other than you

This poor one has

No one else

 

Knowing their needs

You will bestow

All their needs

Accordingly

 

When it comes

Only to my need

You will refuse

Even to think about it

 

I never sought wealth

Or fame

I never needed luxuries

And other things

 

If you give yourself to me

That is enough for me

And I will keep and protect you

Within me as my very life

 

But you should

Give completely to me

You should become

An exclusive property to me

 

Do you think that

Bhakti is that much easy

And you should also live

Only for this bhakta

 

I know this is also

Selfish in nature

But what else

Can I do

 

Once I gave me

Completely to you

I don’t want to

Share you with others

 

I don’t have the

Right to stop

For you to do anything

To others

 

But if you wanted

To divide your affection with others

I cannot

Agree with it

 

Once you become

My own

What else is your

Other jobs

 

You send angels

To attend others

You remain with me

To take care of me

 

But if you wanted to do

Any other things

Then the situation will

Become very serious

 

Then whatever

You might say

My ears won’t

Listen them anymore

 

Gurukul, 23-04-2022, 3.30 a.m.

 

Again I got up very early in the morning around 3.00.  Unable to sleep further I began to work on a paper which will be presented in one Conference by another person based on my songs.  So I opened the computer to work on it.  But when I got up  from the bed the first line of this song echoed in my mind without any reason.  First I ignored it.  But as it continued to echo, unable to resist I put it on a paper to write a poem based on it.  Once I began to write the first line as the words continued to flow I completed this song within a few minutes and continued my work on the computer.###  

 

In kantha bhava the lady love will never tolerate even the very thought of sharing her beloved with anyone for any reason.  In bhakti tradition though it emphasizes the importance of fellowship together among the bhaktas to worship God, still when it comes to one’s personal relationship it should be exclusively only with her.  This might look strange to outsiders. But as we have similar songs and thoughts in our bhakti tradition we never see any contradiction in it and always claim that exclusive personal relationship with the Lord.

Though God never had any exclusive relationship with His devotees, still each bhakta has this exclusive bhakti known as ‘Ananyha-bhakti’:

Ananyha-bhakti (p.69) therefore, is the exclusive and passionate (rajasa) worship of one’s Ista-Devata in the heart.  It is an intense monotheism…. — D.S. Sarma, A Primer Of Hinduism, Bombay, Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan, 1984, pp.69-70

 

1378 என் செவி ஏறாது

 

எதையோ சொல்லி

தப்பித்துக் கொள்வாய்

என்னிலை அதனை

ஒப்புக் கொள்ளாய்

 

நல்லது இனிநான்

என்னதான் செய்வது

நாடியே வந்தது

தவறாய்ப் போனது

 

உன்னை நேசிக்க

பலரும் உள்ளார்

உன்னையே சுற்றி

அவரும் வருவார்

 

உன்னை விட்டால்

ஏழை எனக்கு

ஒருவரும் இல்லை

நீயதை உணர்வாய்

 

அவரது தேவை

அனைத்தையும் அறிந்து

அவற்றை நீயும்

நிறைவாய்த் தருவாய்

 

எனது தேவை

என வரும்போது

எண்ணிட ஏனோ

நீயும் மறுப்பாய்

 

பொன்னும் வேண்டேன்

புகழும் வேண்டேன்

போக வாழ்வு

எதுவும் வேண்டேன்

 

உன்னைத் தந்தால்

மட்டுமே போதும்

என்னுள் வைத்து

உயிராய்க் காபேன்

 

முழுதாய் உன்னைத்

தந்திட வேண்டும்

முற்றிலும் எனக்கே

சொந்தம் ஆகணும்

 

பக்தி என்பது

அத்தனை எளிதா

பக்தைக்கு என்றே

நீயும் வாழணும்

 

இதுவும் சுயநலம்

என்பதை அறிவேன்

ஆயினும் நான்

வேறென்ன செய்வேன்

 

என்னை முழுதாய்

தந்ததின் பின்னே

உன்னைப் பங்கிட

மனமில்லை சொன்னேன்

 

பிறர்க்கு நீ

எதைச் செய்தாலும்

தடுக்கும் உரிமை

எனக்குமே இல்லை

 

ஆனால் உன்னை

பங்கிட நினைத்தால்

அதிலே எனக்கு

சம்மதம் இல்லை

 

எனக்கே எனக்கு

என்றான பின்னே

பிறகு உனக்கு

வேறென்ன வேலை

 

பிறரை கவனிக்க

தூதரை அனுப்பு

என்னை கவனிக்க

என்னுடன் நீயிரு

 

அதைவிட ஏதேனும்

செய்திட நினைத்தால்

நிலமை மோசம்

ஆயிடும் பாரு

 

அதன்பின் நீ

சொல்லிடும் எதுவும்

என்னிரு செவியும்

ஏற்காது கேளு

 

23-04-2022, குருகுலம், அதிகாலை 3.30


No comments: