Tuesday, November 1, 2022

 Bhakti Theology Song 1346


1346 you should renounce yourself

 

I told my mind

To renounce

Then it asked me

‘which one’?

 

In response I told

‘Renounce unnecessary

Activities in life

Along with it unnecessary talks

 

More than that

I should renounce you

You alone should

Show the way for that’

 

‘To renounce me

First you should renounce yourself

First you arrange

For that’

 

As my mind

Responded me

Seeking the means for that

I came unto you

 

I give up several

Needs of my body

I give up certain

Needs of my buddhi

 

But when it comes

To the mind

What can I say

Further about it to you

 

It is the decease

Which born with me to kill

It tortures me

Continously

 

It follows me like a shadow

Never leaving me

Everyday it

Wrestles with me

 

There is no use

Seeking freedom from it

There is no end

To the troubles that it is giving

 

Taking pity on me

Show a way to me

Help me to renounce me

Along with it

 

Gurukulam, 18-2-2022,11.00. p.m.

          

Another song depicting my struggle with my mind. For me though one can renounce anything, still renouncing her own mind is almost impossible. And she who achieved alone has indeed renounced in true sense.


No comments: