Wednesday, November 9, 2022

 Bhakti Theology Song 1357


1357 Are you happy with the rest

 

You send your response back to me

I remain very depressed, you see that

You think about all the messages

That have come to you so far

 

‘She remains alone and longing for you

She lives like a dead person

She thinks only you longing for you

She become tired not eating food and lack of sleep’

 

To communicate this message

I sent so many emissaries to you

No one have return back who went with the message

No messages have come so far

 

What happened to those who came to you

Now that becomes a great question

Did they stay with you permanently

Like me having love for you

 

If we have lone with humans

That will change, I know that

But if we love you

That will become bhakti, I know this for sure

 

As you have over lorded them

Will you refuse to my bhakti continuously

Would the shappard remain content

With the rest of the sheep, though one gets lost

 

Leaving all of them back

Won’t he come and seek the lost one

You alone told this story

Better you think it again

 

If you can survive without me

Then you have relationship with them

If that is not possible for you

You come and join me with them

 

Gurukulam, 1-04-2022, 11.45 p.m.

 

As I continue to enjoy my quiet time with the Lord writing poems I wanted to tease Him again.  And the best genre for this is, again writing a song in viraha-bhava [love in separation] my favourite one.  And the result is this poem.

 

Though a bhakta needs the Lord, similarly He also needs her. This thought is quite familiar in Bhakti tradition in Hinduism.  Though not written in viraha-bhava, still the following song by Annamacharya endorses my view:

 

 

‘You Need Me!’

If I were not there, what other suitable vessel

Could you find for bestowing your grace?

 

Because of me you are able to earn a good name!

Come to think of it, if someone so lowly can be saved

How highly the world should admire your saving grace!

 

I am the king of the ignorant, a fool without any equal,

Rich only in sensual pleasures.  But can you afford

To forsake and abandon me, oh merciful Lord?

 

I rule the empire of worldly life, I’m in my element

In samsara, the ocean of birth and death.  And my

Acts of self-indulgence have brought me fame.

Lust rules me.  So where else could you find someone

So able to highlight so extravagantly

Your power and your grace?29—p. 183

29. Annamacharya, Ne nokkadu lekundite….The sentiment is something like Rabindranath Tagore’s in poem number 56 of Gitanjali: ‘Thus it is that thy joy in me is so full.  Thus it is that thou has come down to me.  O thou Lord of all heavens, where would be thy love if I were not?’  Rabindranath Tagore, Gitanjali (Song Offerings), London: The India Society, 1912, p. 32.— William J. Jackson, Vijayanagara Visions: Religious Experience and Cultural Creativity in a South Indian Empire, New Delhi, Oxford University Press, 2007, p. 196

 

1357 மீதியே போதுமா

 

செய்தியை நீயும் சொல்லியே அனுப்பு

சோர்ந்தே கிடக்கிறேன் நீயதைப் பாரு

என்னை பற்றி வந்து சேர்ந்த

அத்தனை செய்தியை எண்ணியே பாரு

 

‘தனித்து இருக்கிறாள் தாபித்து கிடக்கிறாள்

நடை பிணம்போல நாளும் வாழ்கிறாள்

உள்ளத்தில் உன்னை எண்ணி ஏங்குறாள்

ஊனுறக்கம் இன்றி வாடியே கிடக்கிறாள்

 

இந்த சேதியை உன்னிடம் சொல்லிட

இதுவரை எத்தனை தூதுமே அனுப்பினேன்

சென்ற ஒருவரும் திரும்பிட வில்லை

சேதி எதுவும் வந்திட வில்லை

 

உன்னிடம் வந்தவர் நிலையென்ன வாச்சு

அதுவே பெரிய கேள்வியாய்ப் போச்சு

என்போல் காதல் உன்னிடம் கொண்டு

வந்தவர் உன்னிடம் தங்கி விட்டாரா

 

மானுடர் மேலே காதலும் கொண்டால்

மாறியே போகும் நானதை அறிவேன்

சாமி உன்மேல் காதலும் வந்தால்

பக்தியாய் மாறும் நிச்சயம் அறிவேன்

 

அவரை பக்தியால் ஆட்கொண்ட நீயும்

என்பக்தி ஏற்க இன்னும் மறுப்பாயோ

ஒன்று போனாலும் மீதியே போதும்

என்ற மேய்ப்பான் இருந்திடுவானோ

 

உள்ளவை அனைத்தையும் விட்டு வந்துமே

ஒன்றை தேடியே அவனும் மீட்கானோ

இந்த கதையை சொன்னதும் நீதான்

என்பதை மட்டுமே எண்ணியே பாரு

 

நானன்றி உனாலே இருந்திட முடிந்தாலோ

என்னையும் மறந்து அவரோடு உறவாடு

அதுஉனக் கியலாது என்பதை உணர்ந்தால்

அவரோடு நீவந்த என்னோடு கலந்திடு

 

குருகுலம், 1-04-2022, 11.45


No comments: