Saturday, November 5, 2022

1349 I don’t seek any other things

 

When you have occupied all my thoughts

Where is the need for me to think you separately

Once you have mingled with my life and atman

Where there is a separate life for me

 

When I stand, walk and sit

Doing all of them only for you

When I talk to you amidst these activities

I don’t have any separate activity for me

 

I have never done any act for others separately

Other than what you have asked me to do [for them]

Therefore I have never done the act of

Taking time to sit and pray to you

 

Therefore, I never sought

Separate time to talk to you

I have never done a separate act

In the name of prayer

 

Sitting alone I will think only you

Amidst all my activities I will communicate with you

Not doing anything and remaining silently

I will mingle with you not knowing any separation

 

As everyday life remains like this

As I rejoice in it with you

I never seek any separate life other than this

I will never seek anything other than you

 

Gurukulam, 19-3-2022, 5.00 p.m.

 

For me prayer is simple communication with the Lord—uttered or unuttered. A deep sigh, a gentle smile and the falling of a drop of tears are prayers for me. Though I believe in taking time to pray to God still I never limit prayer with that activity. Even writing a poem is a prayer for me. As I got again such an opportunity pouring down my heart I wrote this song as my prayer to the Lord.

 

1349 வேறேதும் வேண்டேன்

 

நினைவெல்லாம் நீயாக இருந்திடும் போது

தனியாக நினைக்கத் தேவையும் ஏது

உயிரில் உணர்வில்நீ கலந்த பின்னே

தனியொரு வாழ்விற்கு இடமுமே ஏது

 

நின்று நடந்து கிடக்கும் போதும்

அவற்றை எல்லாம் உனக்காய்ச் செய்து

அதனிடை உன்னுடன் பேசுற எனக்குத்

தனியொரு செயல் இனிக் கிடையாது

 

பிறர்க்கென எதையும் செய்ததும் கிடையாது

செய்திடச் சொல்லிநீ சொன்னதை யன்றி

ஆகவே உன்னுடன் பேசிட வென்று

வேறொரு செயலைச் செய்ததும் கிடையாது

 

ஆகவே உன்னுடன் பேசிட வென்று

தனியொரு நேரம் தேடுவ தில்லை

வேண்டுதல் என்ற பெயரிலே தனியொரு

செயலை நானும் செய்ததும் இல்லை

 

தனியே அமர்ந்து உன்னையே நினைப்பேன்

செயல்கள் இடையே உன்னுடன் பேசுவேன்

ஏதுமே செய்யாது மவுனமாய்  இருந்து

உன்னுடன் இரண்டற நானுமே கலப்பேன்

 

அனுதின வாழ்வு இதுபோல் இருக்க

அதிலே உன்னுடன் மகிழ்ந்துமே இருக்க

இவையன்றி வேறொரு வாழ்வும் வேண்டேன்

உன்னை யன்றி எதையும் நானுமே நாடேன்.

 

குருகுலம், 19-3-2022, மாலை 5.00

No comments: