Saturday, November 12, 2022

 Bhakti Theology Song 1363


1363 I will nurture

 

I understood through my buddhi

I experienced through my senses

But I refused to

Stop with them

 

Going beyond

Buddhi and senses

Realizing it silently

In my heart

 

Refusing to give

Any kind of form to it

I gave me completely

By mingling in you

 

As my whole

Being filled by it

Some kind of trance

Spread within me

 

As I rejoice

Going beyond emotion

I forgot myself

Renouncing the world

 

 

Is it possible

For [me] to communicate

Through any language

Other than realizing through senses

 

Is there any

Means to attain it

Completely not

Losing oneself

 

Can one understand

That secret; who refuses to lose

Which can be obtained

By losing oneself

 

Transcending buddhi

Emotion and mind

The experience that

One gets in atman

 

I received in you

By losing me

And I will nurture it

By completely renouncing me

 

Gurukualm, 9-4-2022, 11.00 p.m.

 

When I read the following two poems [by Kabir and Madhan, quoted in different context] as I began to meditate upon them, I wrote this song expressing my sadhana with the Lord.

 

O how may I ever express that secret word?

O how can I say, he is unlike this, he is like that?

If I should say, he is within me, the universe were shamed

If I say, he is without me, it is false...

He is neither manifest nor hidden;

He is neither revealed nor unrevealed:

There are no words to tell what he is. [Kabir Granthavali, p. 291.91] {no reference is given about publisher, and year of publication—dbb}

 

      Many Baul poets belong to a similar current of thought. One of them called Madhan, sang:

 

“Thy path, O Lord, is hidden by mosque and temple:

I hear thine own call, but the guru stops the way.

What gives peace to my mind sets the world ablaze,--

The cult of the One dies in the conflict of the many,

The door to it is closed by many a lock, of Quran, Puran and the rosary.

Even the way of renunciation is full of tribulation:

      Wherefore weeps Madan in despair.” [Religious Education by Rabindranath Tagore. The Visva-Bharati Quarterly, Vol. I, Part III, New Series. Nov.-Jan., 1935-36, p. 10}—Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan, Fellowship of the Spirit, The Center for the study of World Religions, Harvard Divinity School, 1961]—p. 18

 

1363 பேணிக் காப்பேன்

 

அறிவால் அறிந்தேன்

உணர்வால் புரிந்தேன்

ஆனால் அவற்றுடன்

நிறுத்திட்ட மறுத்தேன்

 

அறிவுக்கும் உணர்வுக்கும்

அப்பால் சென்று

அமைதியாய் அதனை

மனதால் உணர்ந்து

 

எவ்வித வடிவும்

கொடுக்க மறுத்து

என்னை இழந்தேன்

உன்னில் கலந்து

 

என்முழுத் தன்மையும்

அதனால் நிறைய

என்னுள் ஒருவித

பரவசம் பரவ

 

உணர்ச்சிக்கு அப்பால்

சென்று மகிழ

என்னை மறந்தேன்

உலகைத் துறந்து

 

மவுனத்தில் அதனை

உணர்வது அன்றி

மொழியால் அதனை

உரைத்திட்ட போமோ

 

முற்றாய் தன்னை

இழந்து விடாமல்

நிறைவாய் அடையும்

வழியும் உண்டோ

 

இழந்தே பெற்றிடும்

இரகசியம் அதனை

இழக்க மறுப்போர்

புரிவதும் உண்டோ

 

அறிவை உணர்வை

மனதைக் கடந்து

அடையும் ஆன்ம

அனுபவம் அதனை

 

பெற்றேன் நானும்

உன்னில் இழந்து

பேணிக் காப்பேன்

என்னைத் துறந்து

 

குருகுலம், 9-4-2022, 11.00


No comments: