Friday, December 9, 2022

 Bhakti Theology Song 1403


1403 Do your part

 

Hands doing one thing

Eyes seeking another thing

Ears listening something

Mind thinking another thing

 

With this wavering mind

Which never remains stable

It is impossible for me to think only you

This I know very well

 

But even this Chanchal also

Helps one way

And I also

Realized this

 

It will help me

To understand your separation

I only

Means this

 

Whether I think you continuously

Or only for few seconds

There is no short coming in our relationship

I know that well

 

Wherever I go

This communication not disconnected

Is following me

This I realized

 

In this human life

Thousands of struggles

Are there

In every day

 

Remembering you

Amidst them

Indeed is great

I tell this for you to know

 

If you want me

To come without failure

At your feet

And sing your praises

 

Removing the Chanchal

Over lording my mind

Also make my organs

To remain under that control

 

Worshiping you

Without your share

It is not possible

For me

 

If you want

My bhakti for you

It is good for both of us

If you do this

 

Then the senses

Coordinating with mind

Will only worship you

You can witness this

 

Till that time

I will worship you

With this Chanchal mind

Better you understand this

 

Gurukulam, 14-07-2022, 5.15 p.m.

 

This is a common struggle for everyone who tries to concentrate in their sadhana.  This I have done and have seen in others' lives too. Surprisingly, several people already wrote about this.  The following song by Pattinathar will endorse it.  In film song Kannandasan wrote that, ‘Keeping one eye here and another there is not proper way to worship God [in the temple, அங்கொரு கண்ணும் இங்கொரு கண்ணும் ஆலய வழிபாடில்லை]. As I was reading Pattinattar’s song yesterday afternoon I wrote this song sharing my own experience.  But as usual I dragged the Lord also in this struggle and demanded Him to do His part.

 

Hand doing one thing; eyes seeking one thing; mind thinking some other thing, tongue telling a lie; the perishable body depending another thing and as the ears long to listen another thing, how you are going to accept my puja the one who removed all my karmas.—free translation by me, Pattinattar, Janakkovai, Chennai, Sri Senbaka publishers, (2005) second edition, 2010, song 4, Podu, page. 135.

 

1403 உன்பங்கைச் செய்

 

கையொன்று செய்ய

கண்னொன்றை நாட

காதொன்றைக் கேட்க

கருத்தொன்றை எண்ண

 

ஒருநிலை நில்லாது

அலைமோதும் மனதாலே

உன்னையே நினைப்பது

இயலாது அறிவேன்

 

ஆயினும் இந்த

சஞ்சலம் கூட

ஒருவிதம் உதவுது

நானதை உணர்ந்தேன்

 

உனது பிரிவின்

வலியை அதுவும்

புரிந்திட வைக்குது

அதைத்தான் சொன்னேன்

 

உன்னையே நினைத்தாலும்

சிலநொடி மறந்தாலும்

உறவில் எந்த

தொய்வில்லை அறிவேன்

 

எங்குமே சென்றாலும்

அந்த இணைப்பு

அறுந்து போகாது

தொடர்வதை உணர்ந்தேன்

 

பாடுள்ள மனித

வாழ்விலே நாளும்

வந்திடும் போராட்டம்

ஆயிரம் உண்டு

 

அதனிடை உன்னை

நினைப்பதே பெரிது

அதைநீ அறியவே

நானிதச் சொன்னேன்

 

எப்போதும் உன்னடி

வந்துநான் அமர்ந்து

தப்பாது உன்புகழ்

பாடணும் என்றால்

 

சஞ்சலம் நீக்கி

சிந்தையை ஆள்வாய்

அங்கமும் அதற்கு

அடங்கிடச் செய்வாய்

 

உன்பங்கு இல்லாமல்

உன்னைத் தொழுவது

என்பெலன் நம்பி

செய்திட இயலாது

 

என்பக்தி உனக்குத்

தேவையும் என்றால்

இதைநீ செய்வது

இருவர்க்கும் நல்லது

 

அதன்பின் அங்கங்கள்

சிந்த யோடிசைந்து

உன்னையே வணக்கும்

நீயதைப் பாரு

 

அதுவரை இதுபோல்

சஞ்சலம மனதோடு

நானுனைப்  பணிவேன்

நீயுமே உணரு

 

குருகுலம், 14-07-2022, மாலை 5.15

 

கையொன்று செய்யவிழி யொன்றுநாடக் கருத்தொன் றெண்ணப்

பொய்யொன்றுவஞ்சக நாவொன்றுபேசப் புலால்கமழு

மெய்யொன்றுசாரச் செவியொன்றுகேட்க விரும்புமியான்

செய்கின்ற பூசையெவ்வாறு கொள்வாய் வினைதீர்த்தவனே—பட்டினத்தார், பொது, 4, ஞானக்கோவை என்கிற சித்தர் பாடல்கள், ஸ்ரீ செண்பகா பதிப்பகம், சென்னை, (2005), இரண்டாம் பதிப்பு 2010, ப. 135


No comments: