Sunday, December 4, 2022

 Bhakti Theology Song 1398


1397 I will stop you

 

All that I have

Lost you should give back

And if I refuse to lose

You should understand

 

You don’t have

The right to ask back

All that you have

Bestowed as boon

 

It is not justifiable

To refuse to give

More your grace

To maintain the blessings [in my life]

 

I never asked you

Property and wealth

Or name and fame

In my life

 

I only sought

A life to renounce the world

And to live

Abiding in you

 

Added to that

To sing more songs

Thinking about

Your grace

 

I sought the life

To become made

Because of bhakti

And worship your feet

 

Even though I

Become old

I sought

A young heart

 

Whatever dryness

Might come in my life

I asked your living water

For my atman to flourish

 

Above all of them

I asked your relationship

That won’t be

Separated from me

 

After giving all these

And if you try to take back

I will question you

By stopping you

 

I will refuse to

Give back

That already

Belongs to me

 

You also become

My own

And somehow you

Deny this

 

You give up your right

Over me after

Redeeming me

By giving yourself

 

Remembering that alone

Forget completely

To ask back

All that you bestowed.

 

Gurukulam, 7-7-2022, 11.10 p.m.

 

Of course God won’t take back the blessings that He bestowed on us.  And we will lose it because of our own mistakes.  Anyhow a bhakta can even demand some kind of protection from God by superimposing her mistake on Him as if He is going to take back all the blessings that He bestowed. I do the same in this song superimposing my anxiety on the Lord and requesting Him to not to demand all the blessings that He bestowed.

 

1397 தடுத்துக் கேட்பேன்

 

இழந்ததை மீண்டும்

தந்திட வேண்டும்

இழந்திட மறுத்தால்

புரிந்திட வேண்டும்

 

வரமாய் நீயேத்

தந்த எதையும்

திரும்பக் கேட்கும்

உரிமை இல்லை

 

தந்ததைப் போற்றி

பேணி வளர்க்க

அருள்தர மறுப்பது

நியாயமே இல்லை

 

சொத்து சுகமும்

பெயரும் புகழும்

என்றும் உன்னை

கேட்டது இல்லை

 

உலகை நீங்கி

உன்னில் மறைந்து

வாழும் வாழ்க்கை

மட்டுமே கேட்டேன்

 

அத்துடன் உனது

அருளையும் எண்ணி

அனுதினம் பாடிடும்

வரமும் கேட்டேன்

 

பித்தாய் பக்தி

தலைக்கு ஏறி

பாதம் பணியும்

வாழ்வும் கேட்டேன்

 

மேனி ஒடுங்கி

முதுமை வந்தும்

மாறா இளமை

மனதில் கேட்டேன்

 

வாழ்வில் எந்த

வறச்சி வரிணும்

ஆன்மா செழிக்க

நீரும் கேட்டேன்

 

அதற்கு மேலாய்

என்னைப் பிரியா

உனது உறவை

நாளும் கேட்டேன்

 

அனைத்தும் தந்து

மீண்டும் எடுக்க

முயற்சி செய்தால்

தடுத்துக் கேட்பேன்

 

எனக்குச் சொந்தம்

ஆன எதையும்

திரும்பக் கேட்டால்

தரவும் மறுப்பேன்

 

நீயே எனக்குச்

சொந்தம் ஆனாய்

அதனை நீயும்

ஏனோ மறந்தாய்

 

என்னை ஏற்று

உன்னைத் தந்து

உனது உரிமை

நீயும் துறந்தாய்

 

அதனை மட்டும்

நீயும் உணர்ந்து

திரும்பக் கேட்பதை

முற்றிலும் மறந்திடு

 

குருகுலம், 7-7-2022, இரவு 11.10


No comments: